Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday's Garden: Double, Ruffle, Old!

What's going on in the garden this week? Lots of daffodils and for some reason, I never get tired of them. I also can't remember which ones are planted where, so it's always a bit of a surprise when they open. This ruffly is a fave:

As are these that were blowing in the wind this afternoon (yes, it sounds nice, but it makes the photographers job a bit tough).

Here's what I wanted to show you, though - these are doubles. That's right, two blooms on each one!

And finally, here's a picture of a nest that I hoped was something unique. Boy was I wrong! It's a squirrel's nest (apologies to squirrel lovers) - and an old one at that . . . What this tree needs is gentrification, perhaps replace this nest with a cardinal's nest - then I'll have a nice photo to share!

Hope your week is off to a nice start!

3 comments:

  1. Daffodils just make me smile~ thanks for the lift today~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've cleared something up for me. I always wondered where squirrels went. I somehow assumed that they nested in holes in trees. I had no idea they made nests. At my ripe age, I should know this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi - I think daffodils make everyone smile!

    Christine - I confess I didn't know about squirrel nesting habits until recently . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails